Saturday, August 18, 2007

Floorball + Fireworks Festival

It was quite a day today. First up, I went to Floorball clinic. I met up with Serene at station control and we walked towards Sports Hall together.

It was still drizzling when we came out of the shopping mall. She took out her umbrella for the both of us to hide under the rain. I helped to carry the umbrella. Who knows? We were about to cross the traffic light when there was a strong breeze which blew the umbrella totally upwards! Yes... just like in movies. What's worse is that the handle inside broke. All this were happening and we were totally taken aback from it and kept on laughing that in that moment, we didnt know whether or not to cross the road. The bus uncle must have thought this 2 siao kias playing a fool with him ah...

Anyway, back to the clinic, we were among the early birds there. When the clinic started, we tried on some of the basics of Floorball before we were splitted up into groups for a round robin matches. Though it lasted 5 mins for each gender, being in there for just 2 minutes is tiring enough already. Overall, I still had fun though i hope to experience and learn more about the sport. Many of my Sports camp group mates were there, plus Serene and Faith, and Fish, it was still an enjoyable clinic.

After that, i had to rush off to the Floating Platform to work. There, I and Jeremy were event helpers for the fireworks festival. Upon reaching, first thing I saw were some of my old unit's friends, CSM, S1, and my CO. It was a surprise but a pleasant one. Hope they are all doing fine.

For the event, I had to do ushering. It was pretty boring initially when there were no crowd yet. But as the evening crept by, and more people coming in, things got really busy. I had to continously guide the people to their seats, walking to and flo around the area. Still, it was more than worth it since I was able to get a very cool view of the fireworks display.

By Spain's artpiece, it was a beauty which lasted for 15mins. Incredible ...
But still , during the display, somehow inside in me felt that wont it be nice if there was someone to be there to enjoy with me. Around me were families, couples, friends. I believe if there was a person there to enjoy the event with me, the feeling would be a lot different. Guess I'm getting lonely already eh... But it was a feeling I felt during the display.

Oh well, still there's still another day of fireworks display that i can enjoy tml. And i have to rush to the place again right after my Convocation.

No comments: