Sunday, August 19, 2007

Convocation + More Fireworks !

Today was Convocation, a formal ceremony inviting students into SMU. It was a very formal event. Every student had to wear formal attire and the I must say that it was held in a very professional way. We got to hear 4 different speakers, watch videos about SMU and FTB camp, and performance.

One of the speakers' speech was quite influential to me. His advice to us was Humunity, Integrity, Fast in Gratitude, and Happiness. Staying humble, keeping hold one's values at all times, showing generousity and gratitude and keeping a postive attitude were his wise advise. This person was the Guest-of-Honour, My Kwok.

After the formal event, there was the informal one but i had to miss it because I had to rush off for work at the festival.

Tonight's fireworks was even more brilliant. It was well coordinated with the music, plus the spectacular display, it was simply amazing. Tonight display was done by Team China and I must say that it was far better than Spain's. The great show managed to wow me and pull me off my thinking of being lonely that time (even though it would be great if there was someone close to me would be there at that time )

Overall, freaking tired. More shack than yesterday. One day to school and the email i received from my prof is already freaking me out. Im praying and hope that i could really adapt back to sch after 3 years.

1 comment:

faithieee said...

hey desmond! haha i also liked the china fireworks more.. being the duck was so tiring la..

you know during my last shift as a duck i kept looking for you guys so we could take a picture but you were nowhere to be found..

at least u took a pic with the duck head though! hahaha