Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Car Rental Trip

Car Rental Trip

This time we got a car through my grand-aunt who has contact in this area.

Day 1 :
I went to collect the car early in the morning from the company that was located in Kembangan. Drove all the way to NUS to pick up Tengfu who had a meeting. I was there early, driving ard the campus aimlessly... haha... It was only after half an hour of touring ard the sch that i managed to get Tengfu to direct me to his place.

Anyway, rental car has always its interesting stories to tell. The first was when Tengfu took over the wheel to drive us back to the East side. Our next itenary was to head to my Sengkang home to help me with the moving of stuff to Bedok. He was just turning out from the carpark when he or rather WE nearly got knocked by a campus bus. It was damn freaking close. Luckily, after that towards Sengkang it was smooth. We stopped over at Upper Seragoon to eat some Teochew porridge first before heading to my house.

Once at my house, mum, Tengfu and I had to move all the boxes over. I even managed to squeeze in the book shelf over. Too bad, one thing i missed out was my feather pillow. Sucks...
So quickly it was off to Bedok.

Ok to those who didnt know why the hell am i moving... Here's a brief explanation...
The house in Bedok is my grandma's house. I have stayed there during my Secondary to Poly days. It was because of army that i moved back to stay with my family. Now that school is starting, plus the fact that my grandma isnt the person she was a couple of years ago (now a maid is taking care of her alone at home), I thought it was best that i could do is to move back to stay with her.

Oh well, after moving house, we headed to this very old historical coffee house which was situated at 204 East Coast Road. The menu is similar to Ya Kun just that it is only a one store business. I needed to get something from IKEA so right after the simple tea and coffee, we headed to the Tampines outlet.

At Ikea, it was fun shopping. They had this clearance sale and I managed to buy a couple of items at only $10. I got some cupboard file holder, a waste paper basket, CD rack, Book holder, and also a clothes rack. hehe.. totally cool!

For dinner, we headed to Chomp Chomp. Tengfu havent been there before. I wasnt quite sure of the route, so it took us sometime to get there. Now, here's the next incident. We had a hard time finding a carpark. At one junction, I was kinda stuck and had to U-turn back to the main area to find a lot. However, to do that, i had to do a 3-point turn. Because of that my front part of the car went over the kerb 2 times and had a huge knocking sound. Luckily, all was still ok on the outside when we checked it afterward. In the end, we had to park the car some 200 metres away from the food centre.

At the centre itself, it took us another 20 odd mins to get our seats. Tf gave me the choice of food. In the end, we ordered Hao Jian, Hokkien, Rojak, Chwee Kuay, fried tofu and Wanton, and not forgetting the HUGE sugarcane with lemon. Freakingly full!!!!

Next, Tf planned to just tour around Orchard area just for the fun of it. So there was where we went right after that. It was pretty funny yet scary in some sense. Tf is not sure about the area even though Singaporeans ought to know the Orchard area well. He made some errors in some turns and had to U-turn back a couple of times. Though there were some scary moments, all was still safe in the end.

We tried to head Holland V for a drink but parking was tough and we ended up back in Rocher to eat Tau Huay.

Day 2 :
The car was with me after the night before. I went to pick Tengfu for breakfast. We wanted to eat the bread and coffee at Chin Mei Chin, but because of the huge crowd, we ate prata at a nearby coffee house instead.

Tf suggested to go to Fort Canning so we headed there right after breakfast. There i took some interesting pictures. We even went into the National Museum but we could not go into the tour cos we did not pay for it.

I had to meet with my poly mates as it was a meetup for Say Wai's birthday. During this time, Tf went to meet with Aaron for lunch. When tengfu came back to fetch me, he had a bad news. He kena summon during lunch when Aaron brought him back to eat Teochew Porridge, the same place I brought him to the previous day. All it took was just half hour of makan to incur that cost... Sucks right..

Anyway, up next, we went to IMM and Mustafa Centre. For dinner, he suggested Indian food since we were in Little India. So, we decided on one place near the area. We didnt know what we were ordering, so we just picked whatever we thought should be ok.

We headed back to Holland V, and this time we managed to find a parking lot. There, we sat at Coffee Club for a chat. We spoke nearly 2 hours man.. About work, future, girls, and studies...

Though the trip was a kinda last min thingy, still it had its interesting incident to tell about... Would not know when the next one will be especially Tf have to fly to Sweden next year for his overseas exchange...



No comments: