Sunday, August 05, 2007

ELW - English Language Workshop

ELW - English Language Workshop

Well, it was something that i did not look forward to among all the pre-school term activities, I had to attend a 5 day workshop where all I have to learn is the basics of English.

Being in poly, many of the ppl like me had to attend the course. For my class, all of us were from poly. I didnt taught of the situation before the start of the course... Guess i was busy with my Red Cross Camp.

Anyway, on the first day of the workshop, little did I imagine that the week were to be quite fun at times. How so? I guess the main reasons were that the tutor was good and the company of the classmates who were in the same situation as me.

The tutor was cute i must say. Though not strict, she is cautious in her teaching, trying to ensure that our English do not stray. Some of her actions or behaviour were funny. So i cant help it but to say that she's cute.

Once a simple introduction was made from the whole class, we realised that all of us were actually from Polytechnic. Shockingly, it was the first time in any group of class, there were no single JC student. That had gave me a sense of belonging especially after we interact through activities and conversations during mealtimes. We had lots of fun playing games that were introduced by the JC ppl during our respective camps prior to the workshop. Though the theorical part of the lesson can be boring at times, I felt very nice to have attended the workshop. I really do hope that I can continue to work with some of them in the near future, be it project or assignments.

Now that the workshop is over, everyone's a little afraid of the results of our Enlish grade. Given the chance, I sure do hope to get to know some of them more.

1 comment:

faithieee said...

hey desmond! hahaha yeah elw was fun cos our tutor and class were so fun! :)

haha and our group had a few good presentations right! hahaha hello mister macdonald! :)