Friday, September 08, 2006

Study... Work... Is this Life???

Study... Work... Is this Life???

This came to my mind yesterday night when i was at Macdonalds having my supper... In front of me a few tables away was a guy and gal there at 10pm still mugging away... so poor thing...

That image reminds me of myself when i was in studies before army when i would be like them, chionging my notes and practices at home or at changi airport while listening to the radio.

Sometimes this comes to my thinking... i see young ones study study study, the older ones work work work.... this is a typical living schedule for a typical Singaporean. Of course, i am also part of the masses. Which comes to me, is this what's life really about???? When we are young, we have to study hard, learn all the skills and knowledge we must master to survive when we grow up in the future. Then when we have finally grown up, all we do is to work work work away to survive the cruelty of the society. Then when we get old, if we do not save enough for retirement, we still have to continue to work. Time's up for us when our body really cannot take it the toil. Then a life is over. So is this really what life's about??? Something to ponder eh...

Of course this is what i see in Singapore. What is life like overseas? hmm, something that i may chance to find out in the future... heez....

No comments: