Friday, September 08, 2006

Singapore V China

Singapore V China

I really caught the match that night. Could not find anyone to go with me, in the end went to see it myself.

What made me regretted that night was that i reached the stadium just about half hour before the match started. I went the wrong way, going to the west entrance. How was i to know that there was no ticket booths. i had to walk a semi-circle to the other end... When i reached the east entrance, i was shocked to know that there was a huge crowd that are still lining up to purchase their tickets in. So i had no choice but to join in. What happen next was people start to cut queue and soon all just squeezed together in hope to get the tickets faster. Of course, i was trapped in the shuffle too.

It took about me about 45 mins of wait before i got in. Of course, by that time, the match had started about 30 mins. I walked around the stadium near to the grand stands area to have my seat there.

The match overall was quite intense considering the fact that Singapore was back pedding most of the time. China was desperate for the full points too. At the end, with draw in place, it was a better result for singapore rather than china.

Certain interesting incidents happened there. First, was when i was still in queue, there was one china girl who tried cut queue and was apparently stopped by a guy. In the end, a quarrel occurred in front of so many people that police had to come in to settle the argument.

Next was during the match where i sat near a group of guys. One guy in the group was very rowdy for a young Singaporean. He kept shouting those ugly words throughout the 2nd half. Was pretty pissed off by his action. When the match ended, one clumsy china man had to rush down from the top down and knock onto one the guy in the group who was carrying some drink. Of course, that knock made the drink spilled. Any apology was not accepted and the guy drew the drink onto the china man. I being just behind gotten hit a little by the drink too... Im sure was "lucky" man... I just ignored it, and just walk away to the toilet. Out to the toilet, the 2 party continued to quarrel... all over a drink spill. shaking my head, i just went the other way out.

I took almost 2 long hours before reaching home. I took a long walk to a bus stop and took bus 12 to pasir ris first, before taking 88.

No comments: