Sunday, July 16, 2006

a day at Mustafa...

a day at Mustafa...

Today is pretty crazy.. out of a sudden, a few days ago, the thought of going to Mustafa centre comes to mind. As such, i went there this afternn.

After dropping down Farrer Park station, and some topo, i managed to reach the place. Went inside, walk ard about an hour or so before wanting to head to dhoby ghout. But silly me, what i didnt realise that is there is actually 2 such centres. i was inside the small mall for a long period of time. Time was about close to 5pm when i was outside of the mall did i realise that behind it, there's another centre which is very much bigger than the front one. I went in the second one, walk inside for a while then got out of the centre. After everything, all i manage to get is just a bottle of addidas shower foam and deodorant. What made me wondering was that the plastic bag that they provided, had to be tied up with a strap. Hmmm, is that a way to prevent stealing? I guess so. From observing, there are a couple of security guards that always stand at the entrance and exits. Being a 24 hour place, i guess this level of security is needed.

i began my mini topo again. I was walking downwards along the sideroads, hoping to get to the other side of the main road. Over at the other side, I figured that having a bite at the nearby market place would be good, as finding a place to eat at Dhoby Ghout is definitely not an easy task. So I was at this market place which has 2 levels. i walked the whole area, only to settle myself with a bowl of prawn noodles, handled by 2 elderly uncles.

At first thought after ordering, i was thinking if my choice of food was right. I was wondering food served by two elderly person would be of a edible standard. I know this was not the right thinking, but i just couldnt help it. Even though, they had no customers, i had to wait pretty long so as to speak. The uncle serving could not walked fast, as he slowly served the bowl over to me. However, i can't help but sense that he was glad that he had a customer. Well, what surprised me next was the serving amount I got. It was certainly a lot for a bowl of noodle. The next surprise was when i finished my food and about to leave, i was thinking of getting a cup of watermelon juice. So i ordered and the change i had from the $2 i gave to the auntie was $1. Very surprisely, the pack of juice cost just a dollar.

Haha, after which i began to walk to the nearby bus stop to head to dhoby ghout.Why there? because a few days ago, i received a msg that i was apparently shortlisted for a lucky draw held by Stomp. Stomp meant Straits Times Online Mobile Print. It was only at the end of the day that i realised the full term.

Anyway, so off i go to my next destination. The stage was there, ready when i reached PS. Being curious, i asked the staff there about this "lucky draw". All they could explain was that i would have to come back at around 7.15 to 7.30. So seeing the i have some time, i walked around a bit, played a while of arcade game.

I was early for the event. As it ended, i didnt won anything. My name wasn't being called at all. Dad and Mum actually came for it too. We didnt stand together. So halfway through the event, Dad, in his usual self did not have the patience to stand and see. He then dragged mum up to the food court to have something to eat. I caught up with them after that and back we go home.

At Sengkang, i still managed to get a t-shirt from Compass Point. haha... was some cheapo clothing that cost $8 which had a special colour, a little purplish. heez.....

Back at home, Mum was complaining to me on how her near miss of the 4-D results. Haiz... Guess it is not meant to be. Managed to contact the gang and booked tickets for the pirates of the carribean movie for tomorrow. Sure looking forward to watch that show, though Aaron said it is not that nice as the previous one.

No comments: