Sunday, October 21, 2007

Worser and worser each day - 21/10/07

Not me that its going worser each day... rather its my grandma...
She had this azhemier disease, and her memory is getting worse for her.

She cannot remember many of the things around her. Even her children, relatives, she could not recall at times. At home, she could not keep track of eating and bathing.

Because the maid had completed her 2 year contract and so my aunt let her return back to her country for 3 weeks. During this time, they arranged for my grandma to go to sengkand home to stay and let my mum take care of her.

Yesterday morning, Uncle Long came to fetch her. Because the others have not informed her about the arrangement, so she was puzzled and shocked to know that she have to leave house so early in the morning. I was awoken from my sleep and had to persaude her downstairs to the car.

Before leaving, I had to talk through her for a couple of minutes that she is going to her daughter's house. Through the conversation, suddenly i can feel a moment of sadness. She was showing unwillingness to go out and thru her speech i can sense that she was actully afraid. Downstairs, she even commented that we are selling her off... How an active grandma who once would scold and nag endlessly to me now be like that... Helpless like a kid.

No comments: