Friday, March 23, 2007

Plan to Not to plan

Plan to Not to plan

One of those contradicting decisions to make... I have always been a plan person. Well, in a sense that i have always plan my timing on many of my daily life. As simple as what to wear for the whole week in poly, to planning when to stay in sengkang or bedok, to planning what to eat for whole. Long term since young have been what to study, and the route to university.

Some people find me strange or crazy i guess. Since graduating from secondary school, i have already planned my life till university. How so???

Before my O level, i as the same as any other student had to think about whether to go to JC or poly. While some naturally think that they ought to go JC, for me, I had to ponder which path to go for myself is the best one. My result in Sec 3 was a pretty decent one. Hopes was pinned on me by my family to head to JC and then to university. Much thinking was on my mind during that period of time.

Initially stage, I was thinking of only heading to a good JC like Temasek JC. To me, it was either that or not straight to Poly. It was only after time that i finally made my decision. When i made my decision known to my mum, she was all so puzzled about it. I had wanted to go to poly, no matter what my result was. I had decided that studying practical skills and knowledge was the best for me instead of the normal academic subjects in JC.

For my mum, naturally she was worried about my chances of entering university in the future. While that was a little concern for me, it didnt really bother me to a large extent. It was as if I had the confidence. When it was time to decide what to study in poly, i even made a preplanned decision to study accounting and finance in poly first, then after which i will further myself in business. Of course, when i was just 16 years, the future is still a question mark.. but that was on my mind on how my studies path would be.

Luckily, as it turn out, i did not disapooint. My grades in poly was up to mark, and i managed to particpate several school activities to be able myself to be considered as a participative student. My resume in poly was quite packed i would say. In the end, I finally enrolled myself to SMU.

But coming to this step, more things come to mind. ... that is... What's next???
Of course, most will say ... work of course...

well.. yes indeed, working in the society...but to me, how to go about continuing my path.
Questions coming out was like to take scholarship which are bonded? fully paid by dad's CPF then find job in the future? or to just go all out to start some business that i have always bope to start? Of course, these things i have bring up to my mum... all she says was just to take a step at a time... and not to worry too much. But i think it is in my nature that i am one that always plan proper.

So the question is still... What's next??? May god show me the path.... ....

No comments: