Friday, October 06, 2006

When can I start???

When can I start???

Time indeed flies.. A week has been passed since I finally got my pink IC...

Of course, as planned, I had already start to search around a job. Little did I know that job hunting is not that easy at all... I have been through 2 interviews. From it, I felt my chances are pretty high. But the reply or rather the selection is taking longer than expected.

The interviewers had to go through a few applicants and they need to discuss it internally. Even response to resume can take quite some time. One of the 2 interviews that i got, I only received the call about 10 days after I sent in the resume. No wonder my uncle was telling me that i may take about a month or so to get a job.

Guess the situation differs from the past when i find part time jobs. I didnt fussed around with the job that was given to me. However, this time, it is one that is supposed to last me for a much longer period and that I hope I will find something that could give me exposure for me to learn and experience. I have been rejecting jobs that are of simple admin duties or sales. I do not wish to do routine stuff and do not want sales which I have been doing since my study days.

I was called today to prepare for a 2nd interview ( the one the respond slowed to me after i sent the resume) on next tue, while the other interview, there was some cocked up. I heard from the agency girl that they actually liked me, but was disappointed to have heard that I would continue to apply for university next year. They had wanted employees for the long term. As such, they are trying to lure me using a temp position instead. However, as temp position details needs negotiating, the agency girl had to get back to me again.

Its like neither here or there.... like being stuck in midair.... Of course some friends was saying to take this time as a good break.... BUT...
Im not a person who likes to do nothing at all.. it will bore me totally man.... I really hope this will come to an end soon and that i can start work soon.

SO >>> when can I start???

No comments: