Thursday, October 26, 2006

First few days of work...

First few days of work...

So far so good... this is what i would say regarding my first few days at work at Mount E Hospital....

There's lots of things to pick up and learn.... From admin, to checking, to liasing, to serving patients.. wow... didnt know that there's so much things to handle.....

During this initial period, I had to learn everything start from nil. Some of the time, I had to sit beside my executive, watching her do her things, while she teaches me at the same time. One thing that I'm glad is that the ppl there are fairly helpful, especially the 2 executives that i'm learning from now... They are ever so patient for every question that I or any other Accounts Representative ask.

Today the 3rd day, was the beginning of doing some of the real stuff. I was given some cases to handle in the morning when discharging of patients are done during that period. In the afternoon, i had a further lesson on additional stuff that they have to do in the afternoon.... And there's still more to be learnt during this initial period.

Today, my assistant manager enrolled me and Andy, another newcomer to a orientation program that Parkway Holdings carries out for its new employees. Incredibly, it has its own Academy that offer continual courses to its people for upgrading... Pretty impressive i would say... so in the start of Nov, I would be attending 4 days of orientation course.

I had some experience of following my 2 executives on seperate occasion where they have to do "personal" service. We, staff of the hospital have to go to the patient's ward on occasions to settle discharge or billing matters.

No comments: