Saturday, May 24, 2008

Working at 1st Outdoor Camp - 24/05/08

Just got back from my outdoor camp on friday evening. Was quite an experience in the sense that i got to self-realise a few things.

First, i still have a lot to learn to be a good facilitator. I handled Pri 5 school kids in this camp and they are quite a handful together. Being my first time, i have not been able to keep their spirits up all the time. Using my own method, it seems not useful or rather no effects on them at all. For that, in this camp, i did quite a bit of observations to other experienced facilitators on how what they did to control the kids.

Having said that, personally, i have tried my best in this camp to keep them safe, have fun and teach them some learning points that they should note of. I believe, with continual experience, i would do it better in terms of guiding, advising and facilitating.

The camp was at Bottle Tree Park at Yishun area. if i remembered correctly, one friend of mine told me to go there some time to check it out, saying that it was a nice place to go to fish. Well, just nice, this camp brought me there. The camp took me a lot of my time there, so i did not really get to see and enjoy the environment proper. However, the place leave a good impression on me. Looks quite a nice place to just hang out and relax.

No comments: