Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Postphoned Job Assignment

Postphoned Job Assignment

Haiz... was supposed to work at Changi Airport these few days from 15/08-17/08. The job assignment was to be as guide for tourists at the 2 terminals at changi airport. We were told that during those days, the sky train will be down due to upgrading. We even had to go through a briefing on 14/08 Monday, so that we would be aware of our roles at the different stations that we were being assigned of.

As I was able to do 2 shifts, from noon to night, I was assigned to 2 different stations. For one of the station, I was even appointed as the IC of the team. They are mainly students that are of a few years younger than me... make me sound like i very old hor... so naturally i was appointed.
For one of the station, I had to even enter inside the gates where the holding transit area are. Cool man!!! get to be able to see all the different tourists that comes to Singapore. The whole briefing tour took around 2 hours as we were brought around from station to station, and from terminal to terminal. At the end of it, all was figured out as most of the others head off straight after the briefing. For me, i was one of the last ones to leave.

I had to take lunch first. So as in the past, i head to the staff canteen to have my meal. To my surprise, the canteen was refurbished just as the whole changi airport. Had a simple meal and off headed home as my head gets onto me again... my headache havent been improving that day.

At home, i took ponston that i got from one of my reporting sick and slept through the whole afternoon.. oh ya, not forgettng that just before i head to bed, i had to receive a call from Khym that the job assignment has been postphoned. It was a gentle surprise, given my physical condition. So i took it to my stride and accept for the sudden change. It was only today that i received call from Khym that it has indeed postphoned to next week, from 22/08-24/08.... lucky it does not disrupt any of my plans or clearing of leave. So i just agreed onto it.

come to think of it, after the few days rest, i was getting a bit more better, but soon more bored at home. I saw the chance that i could go to grandma's house for a few days just as i promised her that i would make time for it. So here i am today at her house. Im intending to stay for a couple of days. So as of now, i will only start some work this saturday morning as Brighton called to tell me to go down to the park again for another site inspection.

No comments: