Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Desaru Bike Trip - 5/12/07

I just got back home not long from my Desaru bike trip cum crashing floorball camp.

Monday i was at the biking trip towards Desaru resort. We had to meet at Changi Village to collect our rental bikes. We had to take a long ferry boat ride... 45 mins towards malaysia... Having motion sickness, the thought of being in it for so long give me some fright man... was hoping that i dont get any ill effects. Luckily, i managed to control it and was still alright when we reached the other end. However, poor Lingyi who also have the same weakness did not. In the end, she had to puke at our pit stop during lunch.

Our first part is to travel around 20 km towards Ringgit. Here, it was a straight road but my first and main complaint was that the bike seat was very uncomfortable. My butt hurts a lot.. and it was only just a few km... we had a lot more to go ... Reaching Ringgit at afternoon, we had a simple lunch before setting off.

The later part of the journey was the xiong one... there were upslopes and downslopes and they were pretty steep. that was not it. Strong winds going against us, plus the hot sun.... the road towards Desaru was not easy. We took about 4 hours when we finally reached Desaru resort. By then, it was 6pm. Almost everyone was shacked over it.

For me, i even had cramps on my thighs... first time i had cramps on my thighs.... happen when i trying to overcome a long slope.

For dinner, we had barbacue buffet, where we had fried rice, kuay teow, satay, chicken wings... similar to those that i had when i was Brunei during army.... brought back some memories ... haha... though some of us felt it was not that good.

I managed to chat with a few people after that before the debriefing... and we went to one of the rooms to play some cards. Knowing that i had to have the rest, i pulled myself to bed at 11 plus.

By the first day, i already had my shoulders and neck sun burnt. So i was hoping that there would be no sun for the return trip. Luckily, God was on my side. It was cloudy and even a slight rain before we set off. The return trip was much easiler because of the more down slopes (it was up slopes on the first day) ... Our progress was fast and we managed to reach 1.5 hours in advance back to Ringgit for our lunch again.

By the time, we reached back to the jetty, it was just 2pm. When we got back to Singapore, it was 430pm. Then i was already comtemplating whether or not to crash into floorball camp for the training in the evening. I was thinking it through all the way till home. finally i decided to go. Of course, it was met with disagreement from mum... she wanted me to rest...

I managed to reach Valhall (at kallang) for the training. Training was tough given the fact that i just reached singapore just hours ago. But it was still manageable in the end and i learnt some more of the games tactics and rulings... I went to SMU with the others for the night.

By the time i got back home just now, it was already 1 plus... shack...
Later in the evening, i still have to go to hospital to visit JJ who is undergoing his ligament surgery.

No comments: