Friday, November 16, 2007

New guide - 16/11/07

What new guide?

Well, i was on my way to school when this guy just gave me a piece of paper and started talking to me. On the paper, was words that is discussing about the purpose of life.

They guy named, Eugene, started asking about what do I want to do in life. Now, After grad, After getting a job, After marrying... and then on. I could pick up what he was getting at. Soon, he relate back to christianity.

Whatever he said, I know and have been trying to answer it myself. That is what kind of life direction do i want to go. I told him that... that im still seeking this answer inside me, on what should i do... Should i just follow what others been doing, or seek something that will give me meaningfulness while working. Hard qn to answer, harder than projs, exams, interview... haha

Anyway, he said something new and made me see a new perspective. Does doing more good things than bad equate one person to be good? Well, i do not thiink so. Supppose one person were to do 99 bad things and 100 good things, it does not mean that he is thus good.

Another point he talked about is doing what one think i right. Yes, some people do things because others think is right, while others like me do things that i feel it is right, just and moral. However, what then is right? (that was his qn)... Now, that caught me a bit...
He go on to say that one must view himself as a total sinner, not a saint. Only then will we view the lord as a saviour. I guess that is true. We ought to do that, this way, whatever we do, we must seek the RIGHT WAY leaded by the lord.

Last point that i feel that he had the same thinking. Doing things that is really from the heart. The past him was a typical christian trying to live a standard christian life. Whatever he did, whether is it to offer help, he did it because he thinks that being a christian should help. He did not do it because his heart tells him to. This had creates a fakeness, though on the outside he indeed did something good. He said... to do things that is from the heart that is the true you. I do very much agree. Doing it from the heart not for any motive or purpose. but how many can be like that. I know i cant be like that for 100% of the time. That is how he linked back to the total sinner. We are definitely not a saint.

Before i left off to school, he told me that it is good that i have been thinking about this kind of stuff. But probably i could pray and seek answer from the lord and not just think it through on my own. another new perspective... How true... I think i must have left this point out all this while. It was good of him to give me another small pocket book of the chapter of John. And he reminded me to read it.

leaving off, i continue to walk towards school. after some distance, i looked to see if he had continue to talk to other people. ... but strange, i just could not see him there. It seems like he just walked off or he simply just disappeeared. Really... this really happen. and i was wearing my specs then, so it cant be of my poor eyesight. This made me wonder if they say "an angel" sent by the lord to enlighten me. Did not want to think much, so i just continue my way to school. Strange or not? Beats me... But im glad that i had stopped then...

No comments: