Sunday, May 24, 2009

1st week of internship & back to training - 24/05/09

1st week of internship ended just like that...
adapting in wasn't hard since i already know my boss and colleagues already..
This work is interesting but yet strange in some ways at the same time. I was able not to feel too much stress (maybe the 1mth rest helped), but yet, i feel what i have been doing isn't enough (i hope to contribute more!).

Indeed, its a different feeling this time. It is probably the first time this is a work that i have aimed for. A series of tasks that is striving towards developing the students... it is the closest to my ideal working environment. Everyday for the 5 days, I always had this feeling of not having done enough for the day. Everyday time passed very fast. From planning & thinking through the training program, to classes at the schools, to meetings and even preparation for the next day's class, time just gone by in a swift moment. I would be complaining "how am i going to survive the rest of the internship?" if i were to work at other places. but this time.. no! even the tau huay auntie finds a "glow" in me.. in the 1st week, i have gone to buy tau huay 3 times already... On thursday, she mentioned ,"can see you are quite happy at your work now hor... smile so happily!" at that moment, it felt strange, but turning back to think it later, it made sense..

It is a different feeling to what i gone through during the 1mth break... where i had plenty of time.. and thoughts may gone a bit wild.

Leaving about 9 weeks to go .. there are more things to learn and do... Planning and developing a program is mind straining at times. I got to think through in detail if a particular activity serves a particular purpose. Does it help the kids to learn something from it? Does it have an impact? I look forward to a meeting on tuesday with a school on how we could come up with a at risk youth program for a group of "almost dropping out" kids..

Training! as i mark the start of internship, it is also me going back to training. Having resting for 3 weeks, i was a bit rusty on monday. during drills, my passing gone off at times. Luckily, my knee was ok.. .no problems... Now on sunday, i had already done 3 training session injury free. Well done!

As training increases to 3 times per week, + my intent for a varied gym session on wednesday, it will almost mean me working out almost 4 times per week. shack shack! hhaa... but its something of a challenge i look forward to...

Fitness is a mini problem for me right now, finding myself cannot last that long as the others. more suicide drills i guess!!! Ah!!!

No comments: