Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Green is more Beautiful than Blue

Green is more Beautiful than Blue

This is an interesting sentence that I came across recently.

I was being shortlisted by SMU to qualify for the insituation's most pretisgous scholarship, LKC Scholarship (Lee Kong Chian). That day was a session for the male candidates.

I was kinda puzzled why I was being shortlisted as the scholarship is only given to those under the double degree program. Anyway, later I found out that there was something in my resume that impressed them such that i'm worth a shot for the scholarship. What I understand is that I will give it a shot for it, and if I were to be accepted right at the end, I would have to opt for a second degree.

During that session, I got a further insight on what the scholarship offers. The perks is tempting in a sense that it covers almost every cost incurred during the years in school plus its bond-free. If I'm really selected to be one of the scholars, then I could take my mind off the cost of the fees.

Anyway, back to the sentence that i came across. We had to write a short essay that day. It happens that "Green is more beautiful than Blue" is one of the questions. After a brief thought, i decided to write on it.

Wonder what others wrote about the sentence....

No comments: